Form 2nd to 3rd october 2010 was the 1st YouTube User Congress at the c-base. I was one of the speakers with HTML5 & Video. I tried to give more an overview about the main ideas of HTML5 than a coding lecture.
- History of HTML, W3C, XHTML2 & WHATWG
- HTML5 vs. Flash
- Browsercompability, Smartphones, other hardware
- Easy markup examples
- Video formats and politics
- MPEG-4 AVC/H264 vs. Ogg/Theora vs. WebM/VP8
- HTML5 Player comparison … see wha are the differences
- FlareVideo, Video JS, JW Player, Kaltura, jQuery Video, Open Video Player, HTML5 Video Player, SublimeVideo, OSM Player
- HTML5 Video in use and scripting experiments
- Sources and links
It was very nice there, a lot of interesting people. The talk is recordered and will be uploaded on the Videoamt YouTube Channel.